Garlicky Vegetable Soup
Garlic is a versatile vegetable with multiple health benefits such as its blood pressure-lowering capabilities, as well as its high antioxidant profile which aids in reducing inflammation and lowering the risk of developing diseases like cancer.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 8 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 heads garlic, peeled, each clove peeled
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- ¼ tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- Place the garlic, broth, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, onion, and lemon juice into a 4-quart slow cooker. Stir. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add the olive oil. Use an immersion blender or blend the soup in batches in a standard blender until smooth.
- Garnish with bell peppers and basil before serving.