Garlicky Veggie-Packed Omelet
Delicious vegetables and garlic combine with fluffy eggs and egg whites to make a simple, satisfying, and savory meal that will start off any day right! Protein-packed and rich in complex carbohydrates from the vegetables, this is a tasty way to get some valuable nutrition.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. olive oil or coconut oil
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup sliced button or cremini mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. filtered water
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup torn spinach leaves
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- 2 large whole eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- Heat olive oil or coconut oil in a small frying pan over medium heat.
- Sauté onion for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and water, and sauté until mushrooms are softened, about 3–4 minutes.
- Sprinkle mixture with garlic powder and add spinach leaves and tomatoes, stirring constantly.
- Whisk together eggs and egg whites and pour over the sautéed vegetables.
- Immediately begin pushing the outer edges into the center with a spatula for one turn around the whole pan. Let omelet set for 2 minutes.
- Gently slide the spatula under omelet and quickly flip. Continue cooking omelet for another 3–5 minutes, or until no longer runny. Slide onto serving plate, folding into thirds as omelet comes out of skillet.