Gaufre à la Crème (Waffles with Cream)
This waffle includes a French favorit: crème fraîche.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅔ cup butter
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over very low heat. Remove from heat and reserve.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, egg yolks, and granulated sugar. Then add the water slowly, whisking continuously. Once it’s well combined, add the melted butter and then the crème fraîche.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Add them slowly to the batter. When it’s smooth, with no lumps, cover it and wait for at least 1 hour before cooking cooking in a waffle iron.
- Serve immediately with confectioners’ sugar and berries.