This is a chilled soup with the flavors of tomatoes, celery, and horseradish, like a puréed virgin Bloody Mary. It will enhance your daily intake of fiber exponentially and delectably.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 large tomatoes
- 5 celery hearts
- 1⁄2 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 small shallot
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. grated horseradish
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. black pepper
- Chop the tomatoes and place them in a blender. Chop up one celery heart and save the others for garnish. Add the chopped one to the blender.
- Chop the pepper, shallot, and cucumber and add them to the blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender and purée until smooth and there are no large chunks.
- Pour into glass tumblers and garnish with minced celery and peppers. Serve chilled.