Georgia Peach Pie
Serves: 10Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (14.1 oz.) refrigerated pie crust dough
- 8 large peaches
- 2⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with half of the dough. Peel, quarter, and pit the peaches and place in a bowl. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger and mix until well blended. Add the sugar-flour mixture to the peaches, tossing gently. Pour the filling into the lined pie shell. Cover with the top crust and prick with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 375°F and continue baking for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the crust is golden.