Ginger Beef and Napa Cabbage
This stir-fry delivers the perfect balance of sweet, spicy, and savory.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 lb. beef tenderloin steak
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ head Napa cabbage
- 3 scallions, sliced
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, agave nectar, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Slice beef into ¼"-thick strips. Toss beef in soy-ginger sauce. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- Mix broth and cornstarch and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until tender and slightly brown. Add cabbage and stir-fry until the cabbage is tender, about 5 minutes. Remove cabbage and onion to a platter.
- Heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add beef to the pan and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until beef is only slightly pink in the center. Add broth mixture to the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes, until sauce boils. Reduce heat to low and allow sauce to thicken.
- Serve beef over cabbage and onions. Garnish with scallions before serving.