Ginger-Brown Sugar Bananas
Enjoy bananas in a whole new way – baked tender and sprinkled with brown sugar and zesty ginger! Life is sweet when you enjoy this tasty treat.
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 scoop passion fruit sorbet
- 1 cup whipped heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On baking sheet, arrange bananas cut side down.
- In small bowl, mix together sugar, apple juice, ground ginger and melted butter. Spread evenly over bananas.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until bananas are tender and sauce thickens.
- Serve with sorbet, a dollop of whipped heavy cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.