Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
Serve this Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry with brown rice for a complete and quick meal.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 pound Simple Truth Organic™ Chicken Breasts, cut into small strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken broth mix (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Vegetable Oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups snow peas
- Simple Truth Organic™ Brown Rice, for serving
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Soy Sauce
- 2” fresh ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon chicken broth mix (optional)
- Juice from 1 small lime
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large bowl, stir together chicken, salt, pepper, broth mix (if using) and 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Add cornstarch and stir until chicken is well coated; set aside.
- Whisk together ginger soy sauce ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring until chicken is browned and just cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from skillet. Add bell peppers and snow peas to the skillet and stir briefly. Add 2-3 tablespoons of water to the skillet and cover. Allow vegetables to steam until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Remove lid, and add chicken back to the skillet.
- Pour ginger soy sauce mixture into the skillet. Stir into vegetables and chicken. In a small dish, whisk together cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Pour into skillet and stir, cooking until mixture thickens.
- Remove stir-fry from heat and serve with cooked brown rice.