Ginger-Garlic Paste (Adrak Lasan Ka Paste)
This combination is a key flavoring in many savory Indian dishes. To freeze convenient portions of this paste, scoop 1-tablespoon portions into ice trays, freeze, and transfer to a container or plastic bag.
Makes: 1 cupHands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 1 cup
- 2 serrano green chilies
- ½ cup fresh gingerroot, peeled
- ½ cup garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. cold water
- Remove the stems from the green chilies.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree to form a smooth paste. Add no more than 1 tablespoon of water to help form a smooth consistency.
- Store the paste in an airtight jar in the refrigerator. The paste will keep for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.