Instead of dusting the finished bars with confectioners’ sugar, put several gingersnap cookies in a food processor and turn into crumbs. Sprinkle the crumbs over the top of the bars.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups plus ⅓ cup all-purpose flour, divided
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ⅔ cup plus 2 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar, divided
- ¾ cup butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1¾ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 13" × 9" pan and set aside.
- Combine 1½ cups flour, ginger, and ⅔ cup confectioners’ sugar. Blend in butter with fingers until it resembles coarse crumbs. Press into pan; bake 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Whisk together eggs, granulated sugar, ⅓ cup flour, lemon juice, and lemon zest until foamy. Pour over hot crust.
- Return to oven and bake 20–25 minutes, or until set. Cool completely. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.