Instead of dusting the finished bars with confectioners’ sugar, put several gingersnap cookies in a food processor and turn into crumbs. Sprinkle the crumbs over the top of the bars.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups plus 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground ginger
- 2⁄3 cup plus 2 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 13-by-9-inch pan and set aside.
- Combine 1 1⁄2 cups flour, ginger, and 2⁄3 cup confectioners’ sugar. Blend in butter with fingers until it resembles coarse crumbs. Press into pan; bake 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Whisk together eggs, granulated sugar, 1⁄3 cup flour, lemon juice, and lemon zest until foamy. Pour over hot crust.
- Return to oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until set. Cool completely. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.