Ginger Lemon Chicken with Green Olives
This chicken is savory and bright. The fresh ginger gives it a little kick and paprika adds a bit of smokiness. Serve this dish with cauliflower rice or mashed sweet potato.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 large red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. hot smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups rotisserie chicken
- ¼ cup chopped green olives
- 1 lemon quarter
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Heat avocado oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add ginger and onion and sauté until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add cumin, hot smoked paprika, and cinnamon, and stir for 1 minute. Pour in chicken broth, cooked chicken, olives, and lemon.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.