Ginger Mango Sorbet
When selecting fresh ginger at the store, look for one that has firm, heavy “hands”—the pieces that are sticking off the thicker root. Avoid gingerroot that looks wrinkled or moldy.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 piece (1 inch) fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 3⁄4 cups coconut water
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup mango purée
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Combine water, ginger, lemon zest, and coconut water in a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat and then reduce heat to low and allow to simmer 20 minutes. Strain through a cheesecloth to remove zest and ginger piece.
- Transfer liquid to blender and add orange juice, mango purée, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a baking dish and allow to cool in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Transfer mixture to ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.