Ginger-Orange Chicken Breast
This recipe is great chilled, sliced, and served on a crispy green salad.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 8 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (5 oz. each)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. grated ginger
- 2 tsp. grated orange zest
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- Rinse the chicken under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Heat the olive oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with seasoned salt and pepper. Brown the chicken, turning it once, about 8 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for about 1 minute, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Add the ginger, orange zest, and juice, and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken and any reserved juices and heat through, about 4–5 minutes. Cut through the bottom of the chicken to make sure it is cooked. Adjust seasoning to taste. Garnish with chopped chives. Serve hot with the sauce.