Ginger Pear Gin Fizz
Combining pear juice, ginger simple syrup, gin and Champagne makes for a super flavorful and delicious beverage to cheers during the New Year.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cane sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 8 ounces fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin rounds
- 100% pear juice
- To prepare the simple syrup, add the sugar and water to a saucepan and bring to a full boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced ginger, stir well and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and allow it to sit for 30-40 minutes.
- Tip: The ginger syrup will stay fresh for one month when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer, discarding the ginger. Transfer syrup to a sealed jar and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- To prepare the cocktail, fill glasses with ice.
- Add ½ ounce of simple syrup, ¼ cup of pear juice, and 1½ ounces of gin to each glass.
- Stir well to combine.
- Fill the rest of the glass with Champagne and serve.
- Tip: Most fruit juices will work well in this cocktail if you’d like to substitute the pear juice, particularly apple cider (or juice), cranberry, pomegranate, etc.