Ginger Pear Muffins
The unexpected pairing of ginger and pears gives these muffins an unforgettable flavor.
Serves: 12Prep: 30 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking, old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2⁄3 cup Simple Truth Organic™ 2% Reduced Fat Milk
- 1⁄3 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Coconut Oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 Bartlett pear, cored and diced
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth™ Walnut Halves & Pieces, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly coat twelve 2½" muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking powder, ginger and salt. Make a well in mixture center.
- In small bowl, combine milk, oil, and egg; add all at once to flour mixture. Stir until moistened. Fold in pear and walnuts.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. For the topping: combine sugar and the ginger; sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until tops are brown.
- Cool in muffin cups on wire rack for 5 minutes. If not serving immediately, remove from muffin cups and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in a large zip-top bag.