Ginger Pork and Mustard Green Soup
With hearty ground pork, mustard greens and a soothing broth, this simple Asian-inspired soup is loaded with comforting flavor that’ll fill your belly and fulfill your soul.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos, divided
- 1” piece ginger root, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 16 ounces mustard greens, chopped
- 4 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Gluten-Free Free-Range Chicken Stock
- 5” piece lemongrass, split in half
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onions
- Mix together pork, 1 tablespoon coconut aminos, ginger, garlic and salt.
- In 3-quart or larger saucepan over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook pork mixture, breaking into bite size pieces, until no pink remains. Add mustard greens; sauté until wilted.
- Stir in broth, scraping up any browned bits on bottom of pan. Add lemongrass stalk, fish sauce and remaining tablespoon coconut aminos. Bring to boil; reduce to simmer. Cook 10 minutes to infuse broth with lemongrass flavor.
- Remove lemongrass stalk. Stir in green onions. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.