Ginger Snap Pumpkin Ice Cream Cookies
These tasty ginger snap cookies pair perfectly with the pumpkin ice cream. Serve these at your next fall gathering for a sweet treat that everyone will enjoy.
Serves: 10Prep: 30 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup Kroger® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for rolling dough in
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 1⁄3 cups Private Selection™ New York Style Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick silicone baking mat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the shortening and sugar. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the egg and molasses until fully combined. Fold in flour, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon. The dough will be thick and sticky. Cover the bowl and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and use a cooking dough scoop to form 1.5” balls of dough. Roll the dough in a small bowl of sugar so all sides are covered. Place on the prepared cooking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, then slightly flatten cookies with a large spoon. Cook 2-4 more minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Place the ice cream in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to slightly soften.
- Place cookies face down on a tray. Using a ⅓ dry measuring cup, scoop the ice cream and place it on an upside-down cookie. Place another cookie on top and use a spatula to smooth the sides. Repeat this for the other cookies and place on a serving plate in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Serve and store leftovers in the freezer.