Fans of classic ginger snaps will love these aromatic cookies with a gingery bite. And they’re not just low in sodium, they’re low in fat, too!
Makes: 18Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- 1 egg white
- 2 1⁄2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tsp. sodium-free baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar, and molasses into a mixing bowl and beat well to combine. Add the egg white, ginger, and allspice and mix well. Stir in the baking soda, then gradually add the flours. Beat until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Scoop the dough by tablespoonfuls and roll into small balls. Place balls on lined baking sheet and press down using a glass dipped in the granulated sugar.
- Place baking sheet on middle rack in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.