Ginger Tea (Adrak Ki Chai)
This popular hot Indian drink, adrak chai, is said to aid digestion, clear the sinuses, and soothe sore throats.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 piece (1 inch) fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 cinnamon stick (1 inch)
- 3 cardamom pods, bruised
- 2 cloves
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. loose Indian tea leaves
- 1⁄4 tsp. sugar
- In a saucepan, heat the water. Add the ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves; bring to a boil.
- Add the milk and continue to boil for 1 minute. Add the tea leaves and continue to boil for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain. Add sugar and serve.