Ginger-Teriyaki Flank Steak
This Asian-inspired dish pairs perfectly with steamed vegetables and rice. This marinade can be used on a variety of meats such as chicken, pork, and other cuts of beef.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. grated gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallions
- 1⁄4 cup wheat-free soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. beef flank steak
- In a small bowl, mix water, sesame oil, gingerroot, garlic, scallions soy sauce, honey, and cornstarch. Stir thoroughly to ensure the cornstarch has been mixed in well.
- Place the steak in zip-top bag and pour the marinade on top. Make sure the bag is sealed and shake until well blended. Place in refrigerator and let sit for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to cook the steaks, remove them from the bag and discard the leftover marinade.
- Place steaks on preheated grill or on a grill pan and cook on each side for about 6 to 8 minutes, until you have reached your desired degree of doneness. The internal temperature should read at least 145°F.