Ginger Tomato Lamb
You can substitute beef or pork for lamb in this recipe if you wish.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 5 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 lbs. lamb, cubed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1½ Tbsp. curry powder
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1” fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ cup water
- Spray a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with nonstick olive oil spray.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté lamb until slightly browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer the meat to the slow cooker; set aside the pan with the juices.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan used for the lamb and sauté over medium heat until the onion is tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the flour and curry powder. Continue cooking until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add the onion mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes, ginger, salt, and water to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4–5 hours.