Ginger Turkey Meatballs
Fresh ginger root and ground ginger combine for some spicy heat in these easy meatballs.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup mango chutney
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- In large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and place onion mixture in large bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, ginger, ginger root, bread crumbs, egg, and mango chutney; mix well. Add turkey and mix gently until combined.
- Roll into 1 1⁄2-inch balls, cover, and chill for 2 hours.
- When ready to eat, preheat oven to 400°F. Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil and butter in large saucepan. Cook meatballs, turning occasionally, until tender and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer meatballs to a baking dish and bake until cooked through. Toss with cilantro and serve hot.