Ginger Turmeric Potato Salad
This recipe combines all the flavors that you love from traditional potato salad, with all the added health benefits of ginger and turmeric.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 1⁄2 quarts water
- 2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups diced red potatoes
- 2 medium stalks celery, diced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon salt, oil, and potatoes. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove potatoes from the pot, drain, spread on a baking sheet, and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large salad bowl, combine potatoes, celery, scallions, dill, and parsley. Add mayonnaise and stir to combine.
- Add ginger, turmeric, pepper, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Stir again to combine all ingredients.