This biscotti recipe is full of warm spices. Enjoy it with coffee or tea, or put it into treat bags for coworkers or family.
Serves: 10Prep: 20 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄2 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, allspice and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat together butter and brown sugar. Add the egg and beat until combined. Add in vanilla and molasses. Add in the flour mixture and beat on low speed to form a stiff dough.
- Form dough into a log approximately 7” long and 4” wide, about ¾” thick. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until slightly firm to touch. Allow to cool 5-10 minutes, then cut into ¾” slices. Place cut sides down on the baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes, until crisp. Allow to cool.
- Serve and store leftovers in an airtight container.