Gingerbread Cookie Chex Mix
Warning: This snack mix is dangerously easy to eat! Munch by the handful or partition into fancy favor bags to hand out at the end of your party.
- 3 cups Apple Cinnamon Chex™ Cereal
- 1⁄4 cup butter or margarine
- 1⁄4 cup light molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups Wheat Chex™ Cereal
- 1 cup fancy mixed nuts
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chewy cinnamon candy
- In large microwaveable bowl, mix cereals and nuts. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter until melted. Stir in brown sugar, molasses and spices and microwave uncovered on High about 30 seconds to 1 minute, until mixture is boiling; stir. Pour over cereals and nuts until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 3 to 4 minutes, stirring and scraping bowl every minute, or until cereal just begins to brown. Spread on waxed paper to cool, about 5 minutes. Stir in cinnamon candies. Store in airtight container.