Gingered Bok Choy and Tofu Stir-Fry
Dark leafy bok choy is a highly nutritious cruciferous vegetable that can be found in well-stocked groceries. Keep an eye out for light-green baby bok choy, which are a bit more tender but carry a similar flavor. Choy means “cabbage” in Chinese.
Serves: 3Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. ginger root, minced
- 1 block (14 oz.) firm or extra-firm tofu, well pressed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 head bok choy or 3–4 small baby bok choy
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- In shallow pan, whisk together soy sauce, lemon or lime juice, and ginger. Cut tofu into cubes and marinate for at least 1 hour. Drain, reserving marinade.
- In a large skillet or wok, sauté tofu in olive oil for 3–4 minutes. Carefully add reserved marinade, bok choy, and sugar, stirring well to combine. Cook, stirring, for 3–4 more minutes, or until bok choy is done.
- Drizzle with sesame oil before serving.