Gingered and Pralined Sweet Potatoes
Keep this recipe handy. Who needs marshmallows anyway?
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large sweet potatoes, baked
- 1⁄4 cup soy milk
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp. vegan margarine
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup crystallized (candied) ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mash together the sweet potatoes, soy milk, orange juice, and salt until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a lightly greased casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine together the remaining ingredients, and sprinkle over the top of the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.