Gingered Sweet Potatoes
For this festive recipe use uncrystallized ginger.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2½ lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh gingerroot
- ½ Tbsp. minced uncrystallized ginger
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ Tbsp. butter
- To a 4-quart slow cooker, add water, fresh ginger, candied ginger, and salt. Stir to incorporate.
- Cook on high for 3–4 hours, or until the sweet potatoes are tender. Add the butter and roughly mash.
- Serve immediately, or turn them down to low to keep warm for up to 3 hours.