Gingery Pumpkin Soup
You can use raw butternut or acorn squash instead of pumpkin, or add some brown sugar or maple syrup for an extra hint of autumn.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 medium onion, peeled
- 2 lbs. raw pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Stick the cloves in the whole onion.
- Transfer the pumpkin, onion, stock, spices, and salt to the slow cooker.
- Cover and heat on a low setting for 4 hours.
- An hour before serving, remove the onion. Carefully puree the pumpkin mixture with the cream with an immersion blender.