Glazed Carrots with White Balsamic Vinegar
A colorful and flavorful side for a holiday meal.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3½ lbs. carrots
- ½ cup butter
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- ⅓ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Peel the carrots and cut into 2-inch pieces, quartered lengthwise.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the carrots and cook them for about 5 minutes. Cover and cook for another 7 minutes or until slightly tender. Stir in the sugar and vinegar; cook, uncovered, until the carrots are tender and glazed and the liquid has reduced. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in a warm bowl and garnish with fresh chives.