Glazed Crispy Chicken Strips
Juggling work, your kids’ demands and dinner all at once? These crispy chicken strips are the perfect meal solution – not only are they easy to make, they’re coated in a delicious, sweet and spicy glaze of ketchup, hot sauce, garlic and a secret ingredient – Coca-Cola®!
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 cups Coca-Cola®
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1⁄2 pounds breaded chicken strips, frozen
- In medium saucepan, mix together Coca-Cola®, ketchup, hot sauce, garlic powder and ground black pepper.
- Over high heat, bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook until mixture thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In small bowl, whisk together corn starch and water. Stir into saucepan. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry or bake chicken strips according to package directions.
- To serve, toss crispy chicken strips in sauce.