Glazed Lean Pork Shoulder
Apple sauce and apple cider form a glaze over a long cooking time that is both flavorful and light.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 8 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 lbs. bone-in pork shoulder, excess fat removed
- 1½ cups unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Place the pork shoulder into a 4-quart slow cooker. Top with the remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the lid and remove the roast from the pan. Skim off any excess fat from the top of the sauce. Cook the sauce on high for 30 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- While the sauce thickens, place the roast under a broiler. When the roast develops a dark crust, remove from the oven and cover lightly until ready to serve. Serve the meat with the thickened sauce.