Glazed Lemon Bread
Delight your guests with this sweet, tangy quick bread; it’s bursting with the bright flavor of fresh lemons.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 Tbsp. lemon juice, divided
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream ½ cup butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the 2 tablespoons lemon juice, lemon zest, eggs, and vanilla extract, whisking until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients alternating with the milk, stirring until just mixed. Pour batter into a greased 8" × 4" loaf pan and bake 45–50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- While bread is baking, make lemon glaze. Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter over low heat in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and whisk in confectioners' sugar and remaining 3 tablespoons lemon juice until smooth.
- Remove bread from pan and while still warm, drizzle with glaze.