When you bake your meatloaf, put 2 pieces of bread underneath it to soak up the grease while it cooks. When you are ready to serve, simply throw the pieces of bread away.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 2 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup Saltine cracker crumbs
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
- Combine beef and eggs. Blend in onions, celery, seasonings, cracker crumbs, and yogurt. Mixture will be smooth and moist. Form mixture into a loaf shape, wrap tightly, and freeze.
- When ready to cook preheat oven to 350°F. Cook fully defrosted meatloaf for 1 hour. In a small bowl, mix ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard. Spread on meatloaf during last 20 minutes of cooking time.