Gluten-Free Almond Cranberry Biscotti
Biscotti means to cook twice in Italian and that’s what you’ll do to make this gluten-free version of the classic cookie. Biscotti are firm and crunchy, perfect for dipping into hot coffee or tea.
Makes: 36 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 36 cookies
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup whole, blanched almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 3 Tbsp. cold water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut palm sugar, salt, baking soda, dried cranberries, and almonds.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together butter, eggs, almond extract, and cold water. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together until you have a thick dough.
- Shape the dough into 2 logs (9" × 3") and place them on one of the baking sheets.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes, until golden-brown around the edges. Cool for 1 hour on the baking sheet.
- Once the logs are completely cool, move them to a cutting board and using a serrated knife, cut the logs, crosswise, into ½" slices. Arrange the cookies over the two baking sheets, cut-side-up.
- Bake for 15–18 minutes until deeply golden. Cool on baking sheets 30 minutes.