Gluten-Free Apple-Oatmeal Crisp
Make this small batch of gluten-free apple crisp in a loaf pan or small baking dish. It’s delicious alone, with vanilla ice cream, or topped with whipped cream.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. plus 1⁄2 cup gluten-free quick-cooking oats, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan or small baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with orange juice granulated sugar, 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oats, 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and water. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1⁄2 cup oats, pecans, brown sugar, and 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon. Cut in butter with a pastry blender, until a crumbly mixture is formed. Sprinkle over apple filling.
- Bake for 35 minutes until filling is bubbling on the sides and the top is golden-brown.