Gluten-Free Apple-Oatmeal Crisp
Make this small batch of gluten-free apple crisp in a loaf pan or small baking dish. It’s delicious alone, with vanilla ice cream, or topped with whipped cream.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1½ Tbsp. orange juice
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ Tbsp. gluten-free quick-cooking oats
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1½ Tbsp. water
- ½ cup gluten-free quick-cooking oats
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease small baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the filling ingredients. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Make the topping: In a small bowl, whisk together oats, pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in butter with a pastry blender, until a crumbly mixture is formed. Sprinkle over apple filling.
- Bake for 35 minutes until filling is bubbling on the sides and the top is golden-brown.