Gluten-Free Bacon and Cheddar Biscuits
Serve these cheesy morsels at breakfast with scrambled eggs, with soup, or in the bread basket at dinner.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1¼ cups gluten-free pancake and baking mix
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large egg
- 4 Tbsp. cold water
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, diced and cooked
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, using a pastry blender, cut butter into gluten-free pancake and baking mix. and until fully incorporated. Stir in the egg and 1 tablespoon water at a time until you have a stiff but workable dough. You may not need all 4 tablespoons of water. Work the cheese and bacon into the dough.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of dough on baking sheet about 2" apart. Press down on each mound of dough with the back of a drinking glass to form a rough circle.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes until golden-brown.