Gluten-Free Baking Mix Lemon Bars
The buttery shortbread crust made from gluten-free baking mix has a cool lemon custard on top—the perfect combination of tangy and sweet.
Serves: 9Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup gluten-free pancake and baking mix
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. gluten-free pancake and baking mix
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8" × 8" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the crust ingredients until you have a crumbly mixture. Press mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes until golden-brown and remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, in another medium bowl, whisk together lemon curd filling ingredients. Pour filling on top of the prebaked crust. Return to oven and bake for 25 minutes, until the filling is set.
- Allow lemon bars to cool for 20 minutes on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Slice bars and dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.