Gluten-Free Baking Mix Strawberry Shortcake
This classic summer dessert comes together in 3 easy steps: macerate the strawberries, make shortcake with gluten-free pancake and baking mix, and whip the cream.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2½ cups gluten-free pancake and baking mix
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 Tbsp. cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- In a medium bowl, gently combine ⅔ cup granulated sugar and strawberries. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, using a pastry blender, cut butter into gluten-free pancake and baking mix and until fully incorporated. Stir in egg and water 1 tablespoon at a time until you have a stiff but workable dough. You may not need all 6 tablespoons.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of dough per biscuit on prepared baking sheet about 2" apart. Sprinkle with remaining granulated sugar. Bake for 12–15 minutes until light brown.
- In a large chilled bowl, beat whipping cream, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble, slice each biscuit in half. Fill each biscuit with 2 tablespoons sliced strawberries and juice. Place the top on each biscuit and add another tablespoon of strawberries on top. Dollop with whipped cream. Serve immediately.