Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Make sure to use very ripe bananas when making banana bread or muffins. It makes all the difference in the world! You can also add 1⁄2 cup walnuts or chocolate chips to this bread.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed very ripe banana (about 4 bananas)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup sorghum flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs lightly. Add the bananas, sugar, applesauce, melted butter, and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add the flours, baking soda, and salt to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan. (It will be thick.) Bake for 60 to 75 minutes. Tent with a piece of aluminum foil if it starts to get too brown on top. It is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the bread to rest for 10 minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.