Gluten-Free Banana Nut Pancakes
This recipe calls for a double dose of banana and lots of nuts for big flavor and a good crunch.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium bananas, peeled
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2½ Tbsp. butter, melted and divided
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1½ cup coarsely chopped pecans, divided
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Place one banana in a food processor and process until smooth. In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, milk, eggs, 1½ tablespoons butter, baking powder, and flour.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Brush griddle with remaining butter.
- Pour the batter onto the pan ½ cup at a time. Divide 1 cup nuts over the top of the pancakes.
- Turn when the pancakes begin to bubble on top (about 2–4 minutes). Flip them over and cook on the other side for 2–4 minutes.
- Remove pancakes from the pan and place on a warm platter. Chop remaining banana and top pancakes with banana, remaining nuts, and maple syrup.