Gluten-Free Banana and Nutella Stuffed French Toast
You can’t go wrong with banana and Nutella. Combine it with French toast and you have a breakfast made in heaven!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 8 slices gluten-free white sandwich bread such as Udi’s Gluten Free Bread
- 6 Tbsp. Nutella (or other hazelnut spread), divided
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Combine the cream, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar in a shallow dish and set aside.
- Spread each of 4 bread slices with 1½ tablespoons Nutella. Arrange banana slices over each Nutella-topped bread slice. Top sandwiches with remaining 4 bread slices.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Place the sandwiches one at a time into the milk mixture, turn gently to coat both sides, and place in the pan. Cook on each side until lightly browned, 3–4 minutes per side.