Gluten-Free Banana Walnut Bread
Ripe bananas are the only sweetener in this delicious, moist quick bread.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 1⁄4 cups blanched almond flour
- 3⁄4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1⁄2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 large eggs
- 4 medium ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heavily grease an 8 1⁄2-by-4 1⁄2-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot starch, salt, and baking soda. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add butter, vinegar, eggs, and bananas. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until you have a thick batter. Fold chopped walnuts into the batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Smooth the top of the loaf with a spatula.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then place loaf on a wire rack to cool completely.