Gluten-Free Bechamel Sauce
This gluten-free cream sauce can be used in many different recipes, from veggie lasagna to breakfast strata. You can use milk instead of cream, but don’t substitute margarine for butter.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. corn flour
- 2 cups whole milk or heavy cream, warmed
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground white pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter and stir in the flour. Sauté, stirring for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the warm milk or cream, whisking constantly until thickened to desired consistency.
- Just before serving, add the salt and pepper.