Gluten-Free Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Ordering in Chinese food can be difficult when you are on a gluten-free diet. But you can still make some of your favorite recipes at home, and it really doesn’t take very long. Serve this stir-fry with white or brown rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold water, divided
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free soy sauce, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. stir-fry beef (or boneless round steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips)
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1⁄4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- In a glass bowl, whisk together 1⁄4 cup water, 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, minced garlic, and black pepper. Add beef and marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat peanut oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and marinade and stir-fry until meat is no longer pink, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add onion and bell pepper. Stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Add broccoli and continue stirring and frying for an additional minute.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup cold water, 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and cornstarch. Pour this mixture over the beef and broccoli mixture, and cook until sauce thickens, about 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with peanuts before serving.