Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies
Black beans add a fudgy texture to gluten-free brownies. Plus, you get an extra protein boost in every bite!
Serves: 9Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) No Salt Added Black Beans, rinsed with warm water and drained
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄3 cup coconut sugar
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare an 8”x8” baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the black beans, honey, coconut sugar and coconut oil in a food processor. Process until well combined. Add the cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Blend until smooth. Add the eggs and blend until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes, until the edges of the brownies are just starting to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Allow to cool slightly, then serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container.