Gluten-Free Blueberry Mango Crisp
The gluten-free topping for this fruit crisp is made with gluten-free rolled oats and brown rice flour. These are sold in many large grocery stores and online. Frozen berries will also work for this recipe; do not defrost them before using. Feel free to substitute any fruit for filling.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, seeded, and diced to ½" pieces
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- Pinch nutmeg
- ½ cup cold butter
- ½ cup freshly whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the granulated sugar, cornstarch, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Add the mangoes, blueberries, and vanilla. Stir to coat fruit with the sugar mixture. Pour into the prepared baking dish and set aside.
- To make the topping, stir together the oats, brown rice flour, brown sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg. Using your fingers, work the cold butter into the oat-flour mixture until it forms large crumbs. Sprinkle the topping over fruit in the baking dish, and spread to create an even layer.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes, or until the fruit is hot and bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve with a dollop of freshly whipped cream.