Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
These blueberry muffins are best when you pile the batter high and sprinkle with sugar before baking.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups wild blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 12 muffin cups with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and 1 cup sugar together using a wooden spoon. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the egg mixture along with the milk and vanilla. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin tin, piling the batter high. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Serve warm.