Gluten-Free Blueberry Pancakes
Blueberry and pancakes are a match made in breakfast heaven, but this batter also works well with a variety of other fruits.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pint blueberries, divided
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. butter, melted, plus more for frying
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 cup rice flour (or substitute corn, chickpea, or tapioca flour)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- In a bowl, mix 1⁄2 cup blueberries and sugar. Mash with a potato masher or pestle. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, whirl milk, eggs, and melted butter. Slowly add the baking powder and flour.
- Heat griddle to medium. Add butter. Pour pancake batter to fit comfortably and spoon some berries on top.
- Turn when bubbles rise to the top of the cakes, and brown other side. You will get some caramelization from the sugar and fruit.
- Serve with maple syrup and remaining 1⁄2 cup blueberries.