Gluten-Free Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake
Coffee cakes generally aren’t super-sweet and can be enjoyed as a light dessert, as breakfast, or as a treat with our mid-morning coffee.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 2⁄3 cups gluten-free pancake and baking mix, divided
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 10-inch tube pan. Dust with gluten-free flour and tap out excess.
- In a medium bowl, use your hands to mix together 2⁄3 cup baking mix, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Mix in walnuts and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together remaining 4 cups baking mix, granulated sugar, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Spread 1⁄2 the batter into the prepared tube pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup blueberries. Spread the remaining batter over the blueberries. Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over the top of the cake.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes until the top of the cake is golden-brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Slice and serve with the remaining blueberries.